Saturday, August 6, 2011

30 Days About Me - Day 5 - Favorite Quote

30 Days About Me

Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni is graciously hosting a 30-day meme to help us all get to know each other better.  She has a theme for each day so that we can post something about ourselves.  There are a good number of us participating so far.  I'm excited to get to know more about my fellow bloggers and also to let others know more about me.

Day 5 - Favorite Quote

My dad is not a man of many words.  He is pretty content to just sit back and observe the world around him. But he has a few quotes that he says regularly, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to share some of his wisdom with you all.

One that we all now say is "You gotta be smarter than the object you're working with."

When a good song comes on the radio..."Do you like this song?  Then shut up and listen to it."


I know there are more...but I am blanking!

Do you have a favorite quote?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

bwhahaha!! love the song quote!

Emily Stephens said...

Your dad is a smart and funny man! Love the one about the song.

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

Heather @ It's A Lovely Life! said...

..."Do you like this song? Then shut up and listen to it."


This is soooo funny! Your Dad is a hoot!

Mom in training said...

If I may I will from now on use the one about the song...my hubby always asks us (whenever he catches us singing) ¨who sings that song?¨ we answer ¨well is such and such...¨he replies ¨then why dont you let them sing!¨ and He gets under my skin with that one...now i also have a smart remark to tell him!

Carissa said...

Does you dad know my sister and my brother, they hate when Insing with the radio! lately my daughter has even taken to telling me no singing mama....and ironically I have been told I have a beautiful voice by others...