Friday, August 19, 2011

30 Days About Me - Day 18 - Wedding Talk

30 Days About Me

Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni is graciously hosting a 30-day meme to help us all get to know each other better.  She has a theme for each day so that we can post something about ourselves.  There are a good number of us participating so far.  I'm excited to get to know more about my fellow bloggers and also to let others know more about me.

Day 18 - Wedding Talk

Even though I am closer to 30 than 25....I don't have many thoughts of marriage.  I do know a few things though:

I want the Rabbi I grew up with to be the one to marry me.  His son was my best friend all through elementary school and I feel very close to their whole family.

I want to be married outdoors.  This is a Jewish custom that I love.  Outdoor weddings are beyond gorgeous.

I would love to find a "modest" dress.  I am a modest dresser in general so I can't imagine wearing something more revealing on my wedding day than I do every day.  There are some beautiful modest wedding dresses out there so I know I can find the right one.

What was your wedding like or what would your dream wedding be like?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww thats sweet! I got married outside and would definitely do it again! xx

Martha said...

I love outdoor weddings, my nephew is getting married out doors next week. I was married in February, but it was warm enough to be outside that day!

Mom on Caffeine

Unknown said...

When we renew our vows I want it to be on the beach here, of course we won't be able to renew on our anniversary it will be a bit too nippy. Love that you hope to have the rabbi you grew up with marry you.

Lizzie said...

the pastor who married my parents and baptized me was the same one who married me, so i love when the person who marries you has history with the family :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I don't know if I'll ever have that wedding!

Stopping by to see if you can visit and leave me feedback on revamp.

ps Sending house to you Monday or Tuesday

Rachel Brooks said...

An outdoor wedding would be so awesome. I hope you get the outdoor wedding of your dreams whenever that day arrives :)

Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/