Friday, February 10, 2012

Chronicle - The Movie


I pretty much love all movies.  If someone invites to a movie, I almost always go.  So when I said yes to Chronicle, I didn't think anything of it.  But when we got to the movie theater, I noticed the poster outside of the theater was crooked (see above).  It made me nervous as certain things make me motion sick.....I was right to be nervous!

Chronicle is about a high school boy named Andrew.  His dad is an abusive alcoholic and his mom is dying.  Everyone at school is awful to him and his only "ally" seems to be his cousin, Matt.  Matt brings Andrew to a party, where Matt and another boy, Steve (played by Michael B. Jordan from Parenthood!!), discover a large hole in the ground that emits a weird noise.  The boys all jump down the hole, eventually finding a huge, glowing crystal.  After seeing the crystal, the boys suddenly develop telekinesis.  The movie progresses from there.  The plot is amazing and I really enjoyed that part of the movie.

But, because the movie is presented as something that was recorded by Andrew, it is shaky.  And because the boys have powers, things fly around, the camera goes in circles, etc.  So, as I am writing this, I am still motion sick from it.

In the end, I would suggest seeing this movie if you can stomach the motions...as most people can.  The plot is great and the special effects are fun.

One of my favorite scenes.  You'll have to watch the movie to know why!

3 comments:

momto8 said...

sounds like an interesting plot....esp in light of teenagers perspective!

Allison Downes said...

I have been seeing so many trailers for this movie! I cant wait to see it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for the review. I saw that poster too and wondered what it was about. Maybe it would be better to see it at home when it comes out on DVD. I have a strong stomach but I'm not sure about it on the big screen!