Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Voice vs. American Idol

                       vs                         

I read an interesting article in Entertainment Weekly about The Voice vs. American Idol.  It compared them, and it definitely picked a winner!  Below are my thoughts:

American Idol has been around for more than 10 seasons.  The concept is old.  But...the concept works.  Some huge stars like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have won American Idol.  The judges are almost all new which does make it a little bit new.

The Voice is only on its second season.  It only starts with good singers, no duds.  Singers are chosen based purely on their voices and are not even seen until they are selected by a judge.

After reading the article, I am starting to think maybe The Voice is the future.  American Idol says they have some surprises/changes coming up this season, so we will have to see about that.

What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I've been an AI watcher since day one. Now, I only really get into it when they get down to the last 4-5 weeks.

I don't care for all the fluff in the beginning.

I've watched The Voice and I like the concept of that much more. Something about choosing a singer because they can sign good and not because of their history works for me.

Odd, huh?

Maude Lynn said...

Would you believe that I've never seen either one?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is my first time seeing The Voice so I don't have an opinion yet. Haven't gotten the hang of The Voice yet!

LeeOhana said...

I LOVE The Voice! I haven't watched AI since maybe season 3 or 4. It's been a looooong time since I've seen Idol. But I really love the voice =)