Saturday, February 11, 2012

While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark


"While My Pretty One Sleeps" looks like a garage sale buy....yay for cheap books from garage sales!  This book was awesome!

Neeve Kearny owns a high-end boutique in New York called Neeve's Place.  She becomes concerned when one of her regular customers, author Ethel Lambston, doesn't come to pick up an order one Friday.  But Neeve is the only one concerned, because Ethel can be a bit much to handle.  As people begin to realize that Ethel might actually be missing, suddenly everyone seems like a suspect.  And somewhere along the way, Neeve herself begins to feel like she might be in danger.  Who killed Ethel?  Is Neeve really in danger?  Read the book to find out!

I always forget I love Mary Higgins Clark, but I do.  I should really hunt for more of her books at used book stores, garage sales, etc :)  Do you have a favorite author?


Progress toward:

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 11/50
100+ Books In a Year - 11/100

1 comment:

Kindlemom said...

Mary Higgins Clark is one of my favorite mystery writers! Her books are just amazing. I discovered her in high school and immediately read everything she wrote!

Her earlier work is by far her best work. Some of her later novels are pretty predictable, in fact I have yet to read her latest one for this very reason. I will though just because I love her, LOL.

So glad you enjoyed her book!