Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Magnificent Folly by Iris Johansen


I am pretty sure I bought Magnificent Folly at Borders when they were closing, and I'm also pretty sure that I failed to read that it has a touch of the paranormal.

The story kind of starts off with the main character, Lily Deslin and her daughter, Cassie on the beach.  They are being watched by a mysterious man up overlooking the beach.  Lily notices the man for days, and finally gets worried enough that she decides to go see him the next day.  He isn't there the next day though...because he sensed that she was going to come up so he came down.  Lily finds herself falling for this stranger named Andrew, who seems to know a lot about her and her daughter.  Who is Andrew, and how does he know so much about Lily and Cassie?  Why is Andrew so secretive about what he does for a living?  Will their relationship go anywhere?  And where does the book become paranormal?  Read it to find out!

Do any of you like paranormal books?  I generally don't but this one had minimal paranormal discussion in it so I did okay. :)

Progress toward:

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 12/50
100+ Books In a Year - 12/100

No comments: