Monday, February 6, 2012

In Time


Ever since I saw the preview for In Time starring Amanda Seyfried and Justin Timberlake, I knew I had to see it.  When many bloggers recently blogged about it, it finally pushed me to rent it!

In Time takes place in the future, where everyone stops aging at 25.  But...they also receive one year to live from the time they turn 25.  All currency has been replaced with time, and a scanner in your arm lets you pay with time or receive more time.  On your other arm is a clock that tells how much time you have left.  Will Salas (Timberlake) is from the ghetto, where people live day to day.  After a tragic event, he travels to New Greenwich, where all the rich people are from.  There, he meets Sylvia Weis, daughter of a rich time-loaning businessman.


I don't want to say anything else about the plot for fear of giving away too much.  I will say, it really makes you think about how if currency was changed to time, what would be worth buying to you?  I think it would really change many peoples' priorities.

This is a fantastic movie and I highly recommend it :) 

9 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! I hadn't heard about this movie before, but it sounds like a really interesting concept. I'll have to see if I can find it!

Liz Mays said...

I have a hard time categorizing Justin as an actor, not a singer, but the storyline sounds interesting enough that I might try!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great payperview rental. Thanks for the review. I cannot imagine trading time....

Beth Dunn said...

Glad to hear you liked it as I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the premise. I'll watch it now!
xoxo
SC

marie said...

I haven't heard of this movie but it looks really, really good. What a fascinating plot.

AudreyO said...

Sounds like a wonderful movie.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'm so behind times on movies it's sad. But this does sounds VERY good. I like a movies that make me think. The idea of buying time is such an idea!

Lucy said...

I vaguely remember seeing commercials for this movie and now that you have explained it better than the commercials well, it sounds like I would enjoy it. I am going to have to give it a try.

LeeOhana said...

When I first saw the previews I thought the concept sounded very interesting.

Now I want to go see it ;)