Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Year's Resolution - Going Strong

As we all know, New Year's Resolutions are normally broken by February.  I am so happy to say that I have kept to mine.  Since December 26, I have managed to lose 7.5 pounds.  That is just about right on track for my 1 pound per week goal.

The last time I lost weight I lost more like 2 pounds per week, but I also basically ate fish or chicken every night, with a veggie and plain pasta or potatoes.  I was pretty miserable food wise.  I also wasn't exercising.

This time, I have manged to still eat yummy foods that I love, and I am walking almost every day, sometimes twice a day.  It is so nice that my clothes aren't tight anymore and I do notice things like my knee socks getting looser LOL

Now I want to do 2 things to step up my game....I want to introduce something new into my workout routine like Wii Fit or jump roping.  I also want to cut out carbs one or two days a week.  So, who can help motivate me to do some new exercises?  Who has an idea for some "carb free" meals?  I love bread, pasta, potatoes, etc so this is a big challenge!

4 comments:

KaeliH said...

Hey Becca, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Pinteresting post! Good luck with your weight loss, I'm working on the same battle! Have you ever tried spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash? It's a great way to replace the noodles with a veggie. It's all stringy just like noodles when you run a fork through it. Also, doing sprints on the treadmill with periods of rest in between is a great way to change up your workout and maximize cardio time!
~~ Kaeli’s Kiwis Reviews and Giveaways

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have some low carb meals on my Pinterest page. What I need is the exercise! So glad you are doing so well. Wishing you continued success.

Ronalee said...

I have been doing both the Just Dance 3 and the Zumba on Nintendo wii. They are both great workouts.
You are doing awesome !

Tammy said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment - I'll second the Zumba for the Wii - great (and fun!) workout :)