Thursday, January 7, 2010

Afraid

I was super afraid I wasn't going to have anything to blog about today...since nothing very interesting happened yesterday.  And then I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed and saw something black out of the corner of my eye.



Of course we don't own any bug spray (I intend to change that today) so i used Easy Off because it said it contained lye, was a skin irritant and was poisonous if ingested.

The spider is gone this morning, so I hope it went somewhere to die!!!!!  (Oh, and because I'm hoping my friends are wrong, I'd love it if you said what kind you think it is)

7 comments:

Juniper Saltus said...

Wow, that looks like a Black Widow! OMG I hope it died! Definitely don't need that thing biting you!! Ick!!

(*You and your posts about spiders!! Jeez!*)

Anonymous said...

Good thinking to get the Easy Off. Have ya ever heard of a shoe and pounding the crap out of it? LOL Looks like a big old Black Widow.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I hate to break it to you. I agree - it looks like a black widow. I loathe spiders with every fiber of my being.

Anonymous said...

My money is on a black widow, as well. We have all kinds of interesting creatures here...black widows, tarantulas, scorpions, fiddlebacks...we won't talk about the snakes.

Lori said...

It does look like a black widow--I've smashed plenty that look just like that. Hairspray is interesting too, they can't move.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I am with everyone else on this one...black widow. Now, why didn't you smash it? I absolutely hate doing it, it makes me cringe, but the thought of it biting one of my girls...yikes.

Kathleen W. said...

I've never seen a black widow in person, so I can't tell what it is. Though I will admit that I like spiders, mostly because they have taken care of a lot of our ant problem.