Monday, January 25, 2010

Empty Promises by Ann Rule




Yee-haw, book #4!  The full title is actually "Empty Promises and Other True Cases".  I don't think I have ever read a book by Ann Rule before, but this one was sitting on the bookshelf waiting to be read. *I stand corrected by my mom...I have read an Ann Rule book before.  It was called "Too Late To Say Goodbye".

This book consisted of 1 book-length case and 9 shorter cases.  Wow, all of the stories were just shocking.  I think it's true that truth is stranger (and in this case scarier) than fiction.  I almost feel like no one would be able to come up with the crazy things in each of these stories!  They were a bit hard to read at times, because they were so dark, but they were almost good life teaching tools.

If you are into true crime books, you shouldn't miss this one!

P.S. What should I read next??

3 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

LOVE true crime...totally addicted...it scares the hubby a little. I will check this one out.

Corrie Howe said...

I love true crime stories too. Does that make me a sick person? I don't like the crimes, I'm fascinated by how they are found out.

And to be honest, it re-enforces my believe in a Sovereign God, because some of the smallest things that seem to be "chance" are what solves the crime.

sheila said...

Never heard of the author before, but she sounds OUTSTANDING!