Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rosetta Stone

Super weird...when I wrote in the title of this post, it came up like I had done one before.  But when I went back and searched I don't have any Rosetta Stone posts.

Anyhow...I finally installed the copy of Rosetta Stone I am borrowing from work.  I am determined to learn Hebrew.  Rosetta Stone says it teaches you by immersing you in the language.  While I feel comfortable being thrown in like that in Hebrew, I think it would be intimidating in a language I knew nothing about.  Rosetta Stone didn't even teach how to read the Hebrew...it just started showing words in Hebrew and speaking in Hebrew.

I don't know how long the program is supposed to take to teach you, but I really hope to learn Hebrew.  I get tired of being the only person around who can't speak it.

Wish me luck! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...you have just given yourself something to be able to post about every day. Updates on your Rosetta Stone. I'll be anxious to hear how this works and if you learn. I would like to learn Japanese. Keep us posted on your progress :)

Smellyann said...

Mazel tov! I think it's great that you're going to learn a language! And I agree with Thom. I'm really interested in using Rosetta Stone later when I'm homeschooling the kids, to see if it can teach them the language of their choice. And I've love to use it myself, too! Good luck!

Sarah said...

Let us know how it works! I would LOVE to learn Russian although I'd never use it and would probably forget it...maybe an Espanol refresher?