Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quotable Sunday - #16


Toni at A Daily Dose of Toni hosts Quotable Sunday each week. As one of my New Year's Resolutions I want to improve my blog...for now that is going to include doing some of my favorite memes. :)  Today I am going to do quotes by Voltaire, because I used to love his quotes as a teenager.



"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (This one is my favorite!)

"Animals have these advantages over man:  they never hear the clock strike, they die without any idea of death, they have no theologians to instruct them, their last moments are not disturbed by unwelcome and unpleasant ceremonies, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills."

"The secret of being boring is to say everything."

"A witty saying proves nothing."

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong"


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were interested in Voltaire as a teenager? All I can tell you is I've heard the name and clueless as to what he does LOL :) Oh well. I love the quotes. My fav is the last one :)

annies home said...

these sound like great qoutes my teens would relate to as well

Melissa B. said...

Well said! We're having fun with words of another kind over at my place today. Please join the fun!

Definitely Not a Snow Job

Unknown said...

Really like the "Animals have these advantages over man..." quote! That is most excellent! Of to post my favorite quote too!

Unknown said...

Great quotes today! I love these two:
"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
(I so know people like that)

"A witty saying proves nothing."
Yep, true.

Happy New Year and have a great week!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great quote choices! I really like this one:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

But I did get a giggle out of the one about animals having advantages over man - so true!! :)

Happy New Year and enjoy your week! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, lol, and making me feel OLD! haha