Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shanghai Diamond Garden

My aunt and her family keep kosher, so we went out for kosher Chinese food at Shanghai Diamond Garden in Los Angeles yesterday.

I was really impressed with how good the food was!  We started off with wonton strips and sweet and sour - can't go wrong!  We then got an order of egg drop soup that we split four ways (it was delicious) and an order of spring rolls (I don't eat those but everyone else seemed to like them).

We ordered 6 entrees...and I am going to try my best to get them right.  We ordered orange chicken, sesame chicken, beef and asparagus, mongolian beef, sizzling beef with chicken and something else I just can't remember.  But the main point is...it was all delicious!!!!  I have never had such tender beef in Chinese food before.  The sauces were amazing too.

So while the restaurant was a bit pricy (as all kosher food is), it was really worth it!  I would highly recommend this restaurant :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all what you ordered but the mongolian beef...too spicy for me :)