Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sobriety Checkpoint

OMG!  Last night when I left to take my grandparents back to their hotel, I got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint by my house (they stopped everyone!)  I thought it was going to be like the ones by my old house...where they seemed to be looking for specific people.  But this one was just what it said it was!  The guy BARELY glanced at my license.

He then asked me to stick my head out the window and follow his finger.  I was so shocked I just stared at him, so he had to ask me again to stick my head out the window.  So I did...and I guess I then failed at following his finger, because he then asked me if I wore contacts (duh, maybe he should have read my license lol).  So I said yes, he did the test again, and then he let me go!

It was kinda scary....but funny at the same time.  Have you ever been sobriety tested??

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Never have. However, we do have a cop buddy and a couple of years ago, after a night of "fun", we had him PBT us and it was fun to see just HOW drunk we were. Obviously not too bad because I remember it :)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!! No nerves of steel I take it. You know, I'm glad that everyone got stopped. It's the only way to curb Drunken Driving. I've never been stopped...I'd probably do the same thing you did :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been stopped or been through a sobriety test. I didn't even know they existed.

Brandi said...

Nope, thankfully! I don't think they do those things here in the wild west that I live in! :)