Monday, March 19, 2012

American Idol - Top 12 Perform and Eliminations

Unfortunately I saw news about the show - both about Jermaine having a criminal past and thus being eliminated, and also who got voted off.

Phillip Phillips - Hard to Handle - I didn't know the song he did and it wasn't my favorite song choice, but he did an amazing job.  Who would know he had surgery just a few days before the show?

Jessica Sanchez - Turn the Beat Around - I thought it was fantastic but the judges found some flaws with it.  She is one of the people I think could win it!

Heejun Han - Right Here Waiting - I liked it.  The judges were iffy...J Lo liked it the best.  I know he won't win, but I am enjoying him while he is on :)

Elise Testone - Let's Stay Together - My mom and I only thought it was okay but the judges absolutely loved it. Her voice tone really is unique and I do enjoy that about her.

Deandre Brackensack - Started with Can You Feel the Love Tonight and changed to Endless Love - It was okay.  He is growing on me.  The judges didn't like the song change.

Shannon Magrane - One Sweet Day - She did a good job and the judges liked it also.

Colton Dixon - Broken Heart - I didn't love the song choice but he did a really good job and his voice sounded really good.

Erika VanPelt - Heaven - I like that song, I liked her version, she did great!  The judges were only okay about it though.

Jermaine Jones - He had 4 outstanding warrants and was sent home.  Ouch!

Skylar Laine - Love Sneaking Up On You - I thought it was okay.  I feel like her voice is stronger than the song was.  The judges loved it though.

Joshua Ledet - When a Man Loves a Woman - I was a little iffy right at first but wow, he did an amazing job.  He got all three judges on their feet halfway through the song.

Hollie Cavanagh - The Power of Love - She did a really good job.  I think it would have been "better" had she not gone right after Joshua LOL

Bottom 3:
Elise Testone
Shannon Magrane
Erika VanPelt

Eliminated
Shannon Magrane

I felt okay about her going home.  She is good but she wasn't going to win it.

1 comment:

TerriAnn @ Cookies and Clogs said...

I haven't followed this current season yet so thanks for the breakdown. How do you like it now that the judges are completely different?