Monday, March 26, 2012

Miracle Cure by Harlan Coben

Miracle Cure 

Miracle Cure opens with a letter from Harlan Coben to the reader, telling them not to read this book if they have never read one of his other books.  Uh oh - not a good start!  He says it's because it was his second novel...but who knows the real reason.  I've read one of his books (Just One Look) before, so I decided to go for it.

I have to say, I could not put Miracle Cure down.  I was drawn into the story from the beginning.  This book is about a newscaster woman, her sports star husband who gets sick, and some doctors in a secret laboratory, whose patients are being killed off.  The way the story all comes together is just amazing.  Even though the book had tons of characters, which I normally can't stand, I had no trouble remembering who all of them were.  This book was just as disturbing as the other book I read by him.  I even had tons of nightmares last night after finishing it!  If you are looking for a scary suspense novel, this is for you.

I am going to check our bookshelves to see if we have any other books by Harlan Coben.  I might only read them during the day though LOL

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 16/50 
100+ Books In a Year - 23/100

No comments: