Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

For the first time in a long time, I went to a movie on the day it came out.  I bought my tickets days in advance, stood in line, and held what felt like a million seats.  But after reading the book, I knew I had to see The Hunger Games right when it came out!

 

I thought the movie was fantastic!  I loved the costumes, makeup, acting, high-tech gadgets, and more!  I fell in love with Gale in the movie and felt his pain.  But, I also really love Peeta.  What a predicament LOL.  I know some people complained about details that were changed or left out but c'mon, who wants to sit through a five hour movie?  My only small complaint was the shaky camera.  It made me a bit nauseous.

 

If you have been debating about whether to read the books or see the movie, do it!  You won't regret it!

6 comments:

Leslee said...

Going to see the movie today... Looking forward to it as I loved the trilogy!

Carrie said...

Haven't read it yet, but my best girlfriend back home did.

AND saw the midnight showing on Thursday night.

She called me at 9:00 Friday morning just RAVING about it...and hadn't yet had a bit of sleep.

Said she felt 17 again.

But she went on and on about it...said it was fantastic and went right along with the book.

SparkleFarkel said...

Elizabeth Banks really owned her character, Effie Trinket! My daughter and I midnighted The Hunger Games. You're right, the movie was sensational!

Terra Heck said...

I watched the midnight premiere with my teenage daughter and her boyfriend. I'm halfway through the second book, daughter is almost done with the first book, and the boyfriend knew nothing about it going in.
I liked the book more than the movie but still thought the movie was worth the watch. Alex, the boyfriend, had many, many questions regarding why people were behaving the way they were or dressed like they were. Once he understood the gift of the plot, he enjoyed the film. I think people who've read the book would understand the movie a lot more than those who haven't but still thought it was an overall good movie for anyone.

Threeundertwo said...

I loved it too. I think it might be one of my favorite book adaptations now. The only weakness for me was the soundtrack - not enough music in most scenes. It could have really added to the movie. I buy a lot of soundtracks but there was absolutely nothing memorable about this one for me.

carol said...

I'm one of the few that haven't read the book, and probably won't see the movie.