Monday, March 12, 2012

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin


Ack, I didn't read a book for almost a week!  I finally got back on track, and read Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin in about 2-3 days.  My mom read it before me and couldn't put it down, so I had high expectations for it.  Somewhere along the way, I also remembered it was a movie I had wanted to see but never got around to.

Something Borrowed is about Rachel White, a nice attorney from New York who has always been passive, and who has always put her best friend Darcy's needs above her own.  On the night of her 30th birthday though, she ends up alone with Darcy's fiance, Dex, and they confess their feelings for one another!  Eek!  Will Darcy stay true to her friend or follow her heart?

This was a great book.  Emily Giffin's writing style is fantastic.  I felt like I was with the characters in the book the whole time, and I am almost scared to watch the movie now because what if the actors aren't how I pictured everyone?  I have to watch it anyway though, just to find out!  I hope my mom will watch it with me since she enjoyed the book as much as I did.

Now I have started Something Blue, a book that takes place after the end of Something Borrowed.  Have you heard of these books/the movie?  Have you read them/seen it?



2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 14/50 (I have to get back to work on this!)
100+ Books In a Year - 19/100

3 comments:

Mona said...

I've read SOMETHING BORROWED and really enjoyed it. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I enjoy Giffin's novels and her writing style. I've read HEART OF THE MATTER and loved that too. I own several others that I haven't read yet.

AudreyO said...

I've read both and can't wait to read more of her books.

Carrie said...

I swear I think I have that book. It's not here on my bookshelf, so it might be in a box somewhere in my closet.

Now, I'm gonna be digging.