Sunday, March 4, 2012

Santa Barbara Axxess Blogging...Year 3 #5 - Empress Palace

I am literally failing at using my Axxess card.  This week I achieved my 5th punch since Oct 1.  That is basically 1 punch per month which is not acceptable.  My mom and I have now made a commitment to use it at least once a week until it expires or we go to all of the restaurants we want to try.

Empress Palace is one of our favorite Chinese food restaurants in Santa Barbara.  They have a really high quality of food that only a few other places have.  And..every dish there is always so good!  The deal at Empress Palace is buy one entree, get one free.  Wahoo!  You also receive 15% off every time you go after the first time.

My mom and I like to order family style.  We chose to order sweet and sour chicken and chicken egg foo young.  All of their chicken dishes are made with white meat which is really awesome!  These are two dishes we hadn't tried there before, and both were delicious.

The sweet and sour sauce was delicious and the portion size was huge.

The egg foo young patties were very large and so delicious and crispy!  The rest of the dish tasted like it was cooked in a slow cooker...it just melted in my mouth!

With our Axxess card we saved $13.99!  I definitely plan to return....after I have been to all of the other restaurants on my card LOL

As a side note...can you tell I took these pics with my phone?  I think they came out pretty nice :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE sweet and sour anything!

That looks scrumpt...and now I think I have a good idea just what I'll be having for lunch.

AudreyO said...

I love chinese food, hard to believe I didn't care for it as a kid.

Xenia said...

I literally just finished lunch... but now I'm hungry again! Mmmm, I could go for sweet and sour sauce on just about anything. These look delicious and you guys definitely got a good deal!

Serendipityissweet said...

Mmmm. I miss good Chinese food. Haven't had any in a while.