Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Legacy by Danielle Steel


                                               
Danielle Steel is someone I can read again and again.  While her stories all kind of follow the same plotline - man & woman fall in love, have a conflict, then live happily ever after, the location always changes so I am good to read a few of her books each year.

Legacy is about Brigitte Nicholson.  Brigitte plays it safe - all the time!  She has had the same boyfriend for years, their relationship has plateaued.  She has been at the same job for 10 years - turning down promotions because she is content being third in command.  She has been working on publishing a book that she never has time to finish.  One day her life is suddenly turned upside down and she ends up agreeing to help her mother research their family genealogy.  Along the way Brigitte learns that she had a Sioux Indian ancestor named Wachiwi, who somehow married into her family from France.  The book is really neat because while you are reading Brigitte's story, you are also reading Wachiwi's story.  At times I forgot about Brigitte and thought I was reading a book about Wachiwi.  If you want to find out how Wachiwi got into Brigitte's family and how Brigitte's life ends up, you will have to read this book!

I love Danielle Steel, but is she on the list of authors you read?

2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 14/50 (I have to get back to work on this!)
100+ Books In a Year - 18/100

4 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I don't think I've ever read a Danielle Steele book (and I read a lot!) I'm not big on romance books which is probably why. But I might like her if I tried one.

Anonymous said...

I love Danielle Steel books! Have not read this one yet!

AudreyO said...

I too have always been a fan of Danielle Steele. It amazes me that she comes up with new stories year after year.

Dee said...

My mom and aunt read Danielle Steele, but I have yet to read any. I am a huge reader, so maybe I should invade their stash. :)