Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pete's Breakfast House in Ventura, CA

Shortly after my mom bought the Chinese food voucher on her kindle, an ad came up on my kindle for Pete's Breakfast House, also in Ventura, CA.  Since she bought the last voucher, I bought this one.  We finally got to use it last weekend.  Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives has been here, so it had quite the reputation to live up to.

After about a half hour wait to be seated, our order was taken fairly quickly and our food came out at a reasonable speed.
I ordered a meat maniac omelet (you get to choose one meat) and it comes with potatoes and bread.  Yum!

Huge, yummy biscuits!  I put homemade jam on mine instead of butter.

My mom ordered a great Greek omelet, which came with tomatoes, olives, spinach and feta.  She liked it but wished the spinach was cooked more and that there was more feta.

Overall, this place was good.  It probably wasn't worth a 30 minute wait, but it was worth the voucher that we used there.  We enjoyed ourselves, but probably won't be returning since it is out of the area.  If we lived less than 30-45 minutes away, I'm sure it would be different.

5 comments:

AudreyO said...

Their portions were actually very large.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks wonderful. I am going to have to go there!

Karren Haller said...

Thank you for stopping by Oh My Heartsie today I appreciate that. Hope you can stop by often Oh! My Heartsie
@Oh! My Heartsie
Karren

Dyernlvb said...

Looks wonderful. I am going to have to go there!

Bernie Stringfield said...

Their portions were actually very large.