Sunday, March 18, 2012

South Pacific

 

Wow, from the second we got to La Colina Junior High to see South Pacific and saw the full parking lot and long line, we knew we were in for a treat!

My mom and I knew absolutely nothing about the story.  South Pacific takes place on an island in the South Pacific during World War II.  An American woman soldier/nurse has fallen in love with a Frenchman.  The musical is about their love story, and the story of the soldiers and people in the region.

The kids did an amazing job!  I was really impressed with these junior high kids.  They must have worked so hard.

If you haven't ever seen this musical, I highly suggest seeing it.  I would love to see it with a professional cast to see the differences :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You know, I've heard great things about the musical.

Definitely something worth trying to see.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you liked it. I have the movie.