Thursday, March 8, 2012

SB Axxess Blogging...Year 3 #6 - Ichiban Sushi

Okay, getting better.  We followed Chinese Food with Japanese food and went to Ichiban Sushi on the Mesa in Santa Barbara.

We had never been to Ichiban Sushi before and were excited to try out a new place.  They have everything you could want at a Japanese restaurant.  They had a long list of appetizers, sushi rolls, different bowls, tempura, boats, bento boxes, and teriyaki meats.

My mom and I both ordered bento boxes, and we shared an agedashi tofu appetizer.

The yummy miso soup starter

Agedashi tofu is basically deep fried tofu in a yummy sauce, and benito (fish flakes) on top

Potato salad in the bento box.  It was interesting...but I enjoyed it.

The salad with a really yummy, thick dressing.

California rolls.  The smelt roe on top was a bit salty for me but my mom really liked it.

The teriyaki chicken...I had enough food to eat lunch the next day also!

Look at how much prettier the beef looks than the chicken, that's not fair!

The Axxess deal was buy 1 lunch, get 1 free.  I think we saved about $8 or so.  The staff there was very attentive and we liked their huge menu.  We have already talked about bringing my grandparents there the next time they come to visit.

Do you like Japanese food?  If so, what do you order?

4 comments:

Ameena said...

I'm always confused by the potato salad addition to a bento box. I mean, how is that Japanese??

Carrie said...

Gosh, that ALL looks delish.

For some reason though, I've never been able to do tofu. I've only tried it a couple of times, but it's one of the only things I just can't make myself like.

It looks like ya'll had a great meal!

AudreyO said...

I loved their wide variety of choices. The potato salad was definitely interesting.

Rachel @ Rachel's Giveaways said...

I've finally learned to appreciate sushi so I like that a lot, and I also like the appetizers like miso soup and edamame.